Museum Development Officer
Museum Development Officer (MDO) Jaane Rowehl is available to provide tailored advice and guidance to museums in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton.
The purpose of the MDO role is to:
- Manage and deliver the Hampshire and Solent Museum Development Service.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with museums across the Hampshire and Solent area, local, regional and national agencies and other stakeholders.
- Provide interventions to strengthen future sector sustainability and enable organisational development.
- Provide professional development advice, information and support to museums within the Hampshire and Solent area.
Jaane's responsibilities include:
- Managing the delivery of museum development services and successfully implement the Hampshire Solent activity plan within the regional South East Museum Development Programme;
- Working with the Hampshire and Solent Museum Development Advisory Panel to inform the programme, identify local museum needs and set priorities;
- Supporting and encouraging local museum networks and forums to become self sustaining;
- Working with the Cultural Partnerships Officer to facilitate and broker partnerships with museums and other organisations;
- Providing access to information, support and advice on sector related matters;
- Supporting museums for applying for Accreditation and other sector related schemes and standards;
- Building capacity in the sector by providing skills development opportunities for staff and volunteers;
- Working with the Cultural Partnerships Office to develop and commission short-term or long-term projects that enable museums to address key needs and priorities;
- Undertaking advisory site visits, providing strategic and practical advice and support to museum staff and volunteers in improving their sustainability;
- Representing and promoting the interests of museums in the Hampshire Solent area at a local, regional and national level;
- Advising on local sector needs and development priorities;
- Producing case studies and strategic information;
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key heritage and cultural stakeholders.
The Museum Development Officer role supports all four of our 2015-18 key themes: