Ashford Museums Group (AMG)
The Ashford Museums Group brings together the diverse museums and heritage sites within the Ashford District. It aims are to act as a conduit for the sharing of good news stories and supporting members in finding solutions for various museum relevant topics.
Its role is:
- Maintaining a joined up network of museums in the Ashford area;
- Information sharing and mutual support between the organisations;
- To offer opportunities for joined up exhibitions and events in new and existing venues;
- Coordinating lobbying actions on key issues on behalf of the wider cultural community;
- Providing technical and practical assistance if required.
Representatives from any of the following are eligible to join AMG:
- Ashford District museums and heritage sites;
- Ashford Borough Council representative(s);
- Kent & Medway Museum Development Officer;
- AMG members may invite to attend meetings any individual(s) deemed necessary to further the work of the group.
The AMG network will meet at least 4 times a year.
The meeting location will move around the member venues in turn, or be held at a mutually convenient or central location.
No money to cover travel, or any other expenses, is available via the group.
Chairing and Secretariat:
Chairing will be undertaken by the ‘host’ venue, and secretariat services will be undertaken by a nominated member at the meeting.
Minutes of meetings will be formally recorded and circulated to attendees within 14 working days of the meeting. The host will be responsible for this activity.
The AMG members maintain contact via an internal mailing list.